Viv Fulton was a prime mover behind the CNY Fiber Arts Festival from its earliest days in Bouckville. She was totally committed to its mission and handled dozens of thankless tasks on the festival committee. We miss her every day!
Viv was a talented weaver, always eager to try new techniques and to share her knowledge. In her memory, an annual hand weaving competition was established in 2019. Different categories are established for the competition each year, with cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category. Entries must be woven using only natural fibers.
Why not start thinking now about a new handwoven creation?
Entry forms must be submitted by June 1st.
Please keep in mind the following rules:
1. The competition is open to teens and adults.
2. Entries must be handwoven by the entrant and
must be woven from natural fiber (including bamboo, rayon, and Tencel).
3. Items must have been woven in the past two years and not previously submitted to this competition.
4. Individuals may submit up to four entries in any combination between the two categories.
5. The categories for 2022 are Wearables (top, vest, shawl, scarf, etc.) and Table Linens and Towels (tablecloth, napkin, placemat, towel, runner, etc.)
6. Entries must either be
to the festival site (Butternut Hill Campground, 6893 U.S. Route
20, Bouckville, NY) on Friday, June 10th between 10:00 am and noon
Mailed to Joyce Lock at 212 Hurlburt Road, Syracuse, NY 13224 by June 1st
7. Entries will be judged on Friday, June 9th
and displayed at the CNY Fiber Arts Festival throughout the weekend of June 10th
8. There will be cash prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entries in each of the two classes,
announced Sunday afternoon at the festival.
9. Entries must be picked up at the festival on
Sunday, June 11th between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
Time to get those creative juices flowing and get weaving!
Any questions? Contact Joyce Lock (email@example.com, 315-446-8655) or Sue Szczotka (firstname.lastname@example.org)
By submitting an entry in the Viv Fulton Memorial Weaving Competition, you are releasing CNY Fiber Artists and Producers, Inc. and any other people officially connected with this event from any liability for damage to, or loss of personal property, from any cause which might occur while participating in this event.