Viv Fulton was a prime mover behind the CNY Fiber Arts Festival from its earliest days in Bouckville. She was totally committed to its mission and handled dozens of thankless tasks on the festival committee. We miss her every day!
In her memory, we have established a memorial award. As Viv was a talented weaver, always eager to try new techniques and to share her knowledge, the annual award will be given to the finest sample of hand-weaving from natural fibers.
The committee has selected Joyce Robards as the judge, and we look forward to receiving submissions of handmade woven work in any form. An entry form will appear here soon, but here are the rules you need to follow.
1. The competition is open to teens and adults.
2. Entries must be handwoven by the entrant and
must contain at least 50% animal fiber.
3. Individuals may submit multiple entries.
4. There are no limitations on size of entries.
5. Entries must either be
> Mailed to Denise Tarbox at 2511
Howard Hill Road, Newark Valley, NY 13811 by June 1st
to the festival site (6893 U.S. Route
20, Bouckville, NY) on Friday, June 7th between 10:00 am and 11:00 am
6. Entries will be judged on Friday, June 7th
and displayed at the CNY Fiber Arts Festival throughout the weekend of June 8th
7. There will be a cash prize for the first-place entry,
announced at the festival.
8. Entries must be picked up at the festival on
Sunday, June 9th after 3:00 pm.
Time to get those creative juices flowing and get weaving!